I became an energy practitioner in 1997 and have worked extensively with both people and animals. I feel my work with horses greatly expanded my connection and understanding of energy.
In 1999, I began teaching Reiki, including Levels I & II at NOVA in Sterling, Virginia. While continuing my practice and studies of many forms of energy work, I created a series of Advanced Energy Medicine courses including a series of equine energy courses called Energetic Wellness for Horses.
I created and lead a Reiki support group at the Heritage Hall nursing home, Leesburg, VA., for 5 years and it has also been my privilege to work with hospice patients.
In 2004 I introduced a Reiki Cancer Support Group to INOVA Loudoun Hospital in Lansdowne, Virginia which I continue to lead each month. My work with those whose journeys have had this challenge has been an honor for me and has inspired me to seek deeper knowledge into the wisdom of the body and its energies.
After years of searching for ways to access the held energetic and cellular memories that we accumulate during our Life journeys, I designed the Clearing Held Memories Training Program.
Clearing Held Memories Training Program is a unique and powerful form of energetic body work. It combines the gentle connection of touch with the power of moving the energy of various systems that flow in and throughout the body. This unique combination can assist with the release of many deeply held traumas. For more information, view Classes.
Understanding that held imbalances, within our bodies, have great influences on our daily lives, I introduced Reconnect with Your Heart’s True Essence. These group healing events support the clearing of many layers of old discords recorded in the life lines of our hearts. For more information, view Heart Essence.
To learn more about the events, classes or to schedule an appointment, please see the contact page.
Board Certified in Integrative Health.
Diplomate to the College of Energy medicine by the American Association of Integrative Medicine.
Professional member – American Massage and Bodywork Professionals
My study of energy work includes a vast array of wisdom and techniques. I have built my understanding and knowledge of energy medicine by attending many workshops and seminars including:
- Anatomy and Physiology with Sue Hovland RN, BSN, CMT
- Biology of Cells with Dr. Bruce Lipton
- Equine Energy Balancing with Pat Young
- Energy Healing with Adam “Dream Healer”
- Energetic Healing with Dr. Mary Jo Trapp Bulbrook
- Healing Touch for People with Maureen McCracken
- Healing Touch for Animals with Carol Komitor
- Reiki Levels I, II, Master and Teacher
- Sound Healing with Jonathan Goldman
- Therapeutic Touch with Irene Monelli
- The Nine Rites of the Munay-Ki with The Four Winds Society
- The Reconnection Healing – Levels 1 and 2 with Dr. Eric Pearl
- Personal mentoring with an acupuncturist, who was trained in China
I continue to study all forms of energy related fields to bring the best I can to my clients and students. I recommend the following areas of study for those interested in energy medicine.
- AMMA therapy
- Caroline Myss
- Donna Eden
- Gregg Braden
- Lynne McTaggart
- Dr. Richard Gerber
- Traditional Oriental Medicine